Preparing For Your Baby’s Baptism at St. John The Evangelist
We are so excited that you are seeking baptism for your child. Baptism is a beautiful beginning to a lifelong journey of faith in Jesus Christ. Together with the parents and sponsors, our entire Catholic Community is happy to be here to offer love and support to help your child grow in the faith. The following information is intended to help you and your family best prepare for the sacrament of baptism and the faith commitment you are about to enter with your child. May God bless you and your family always.
The Baptism Ministry at Saint John the Evangelist: Please call the Parish Secretary at 239.566.8740, or email us at: email@example.com.
Steps for Baptism Process
1. Download our Baptism Packet.
2. Parents should be registered members of Saint John for at least 2 months and attending Mass regularly before registering for a Baptism class. Attendance is verified through weekly receipt of offertory envelopes. While waiting for your pre-printed Saint John envelopes, you can use any envelope with your name and the word “Baptism” on the front.
3. After you have been a registered practicing member of the parish for at least 2 months, call the parish office 239.566.8740 to register for a Baptism class.
4. A person to be baptized needs only one sponsor. If the tradition of having two is desired, choose a man and a woman. The sponsor should be living the Gospel message in their daily personal lives. They should practice the faith regularly as registered members of their local Catholic parish. They should have received the sacrament of Confirmation, be at least sixteen years of age and have the proper aptitude and intention to assume this role.
5. At least one sponsor must obtain a letter from the pastor of their home parish with the parish seal embedded in the letter, stating that they are a member in good standing. The document must be submitted to:
Saint John the Evangelist Catholic Church
625 111 Avenue North
Naples, FL 34108
before the Baptism date is set. Once the documents are received, the Baptism may be scheduled.